Sunday, July 22, 2012

Dandy Blend cookie-dough smoothie

Dandy Blend cookie-dough smoothie
Most mornings, I have a smoothie for breakfast but today I had to have something cold, delicious and indulgent to get me ready for another round of scorching, hot temperatures (100+ degrees). I started out making a chocolate protein smoothie but pretty soon it had morphed into this dessert-like concoction that I call a Dandy Blend Cookie-Dough Smoothie.

"The dogs made me do it."
This smoothie was so good that I was purring like Bailey, my cat. It felt like there was a mini-Arctic breeze in my kitchen. (By the way, you know I tend to exaggerate.)

Okay, I admit, the feeling didn't last, especially when the temperatures started to climb and Bailey started knocking things off the chest of drawers to his waiting accomplices, the dogs.

Dandy Blend Cookie-Dough Smoothie
(makes enough for two small servings or one large refreshing one)

Ingredients:
  1. 1 tsp. Dandy Blend
  2. 1 frozen pear, cut into pices
  3. 4-6 ice cubes
  4. 1 scoop chocolate rice protein
  5. 1 T. chia seed
  6. stevia powder
  7. 1 cup unsweetened chocolate almond milk
  8. 1 T. sunbutter
  9. 2 T. raw cookie dough (I used this recipe http://catsinthekitchen.blogspot.com/2011/11/vegan-chocolate-kiss-cookie-dough.html)
  10. 1 T. cacao nibs
Directions:
  1. Blend everything (except cookie dough and cacao nibs) until smooth and creamy.
  2. Add 1/2 of cookie dough and cacao nibs and blend again until just spread throughout the mixture.
  3. Use remaining cookie dough and nibs for garnish.
Enjoy the icy, cold feeling even though it may be shortlived.

Contributed to: http://www.dietdessertndogs.com/2012/07/19/wellness-weekend-july-19-23/



2 comments:

Ricki said...

I love everything about this recipe! We've had scorcher temps here, too. . . I'm seeing this in my (near) future. Missed the dog pics, though! :D

Sheree Welshimer said...

Bailey thought he deserved the spotlight for a change but I'll let the pooches know you missed seeing them.

It finally cooled off here today (well, high 80s instead of 100+) but I couldn't resist another cookie-dough smoothie this morning. They are addictive.