Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Swiss chard rollups

Swiss chard rollups

I hate going to the doctor. I think it's because I have had so many wrong diagnoses. I start dreading the appointment days ahead. If I could, I would call and reschedule or cancel the appointment.

Sometimes, I've actually done that but not yesterday. They drew lots of blood for testing. I think they sucked me dry because I turned white as a sheet and felt like I was sick the rest of the day.

One of the tests was for food intolerances. I've done elimination diets numerous times to test for food intolerances but never had a blood test. I need to find out if there is something I am eating that is contributing to my chronic muscle pain.

We also discussed the role of environmental mold sensitivity in chronic health problems. I have been extremely sensitive to mold for years and then of course, there's the whole candida problem. I will  post more on the environmental molds later.

In the meantime as I wait for my results, I cannot eat the Swiss Chard Rollups pictured in this post unless I modify my own recipe. I made it right before I eliminated nightshade veggies (tomatoes, peppers). But maybe you can enjoy it. I know I did.

Swiss Chard Rollups

Ingredients:
  1. 4 medium Swiss chard leaves
  2. 1/2 cup Silken tofu
  3. 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
  4. 1/4 cup diced zucchini
  5. Salt and pepper
  6. 3/4 cup homemade or safe marinara sauce
  7. 1/2 baked spaghetti squash
Directions:
  1. Cook the Swiss chard leaves in boiling salted water for one minutes or until wilted.
  2. Remove the stem at the bottom of each leaf.
  3. Mix together 2 T. marinara, silken tofu, red bell pepper, zucchini, salt and pepper to taste.
  4. Divide tofu/veggies mixture among the Swiss Chard leaves. Roll each one, tucking in the sides so the filling won't seep out.
  5. Place stuffed leaves in a small baking dish and top with the remaining marinara sauce.
  6. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
  7. Scoop out the meat of spaghetti squash.
  8. Serve the rollups over the spaghetti squash.

No comments: