Friday, December 3, 2010

Sunbutter dressing

Snow has wrapped my world in a beautiful white blanket. It's amazing how fluffy snow can transform an ordinary landscape and make it something extraordinary.

Sunbutter has a similar power when it comes to food. It can change a recipe into something delicious. One of my favorite uses for sunbutter is in my Sunbutter dressing. I eat a lot of salads and the dressing makes them most enjoyable.

Sunbutter dressing

Ingredients:

  1. 1/4 cup unsweetened, natural sunbutter
  2. 1/4 cup lime juice
  3. 1/8-1/4 cup water
  4. salt and pepper to taste
  5. 1-2 drops of liquid stevia
  6. 1/8 cup flaxseed oil
  7. 1 tsp. each chili powder and cumin
  8. 2 cloves garlic
  9. 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped

Directions:

  1. Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor. Reserve 1/8 cup of water to add if the mixture is too thick.
  2. Blend until smooth and creamy. Add additional water if you want it thinner.
  3. Serve over salads, slaws, etc.
  4. Dressing keeps well in refrigerator for a week.

1 comment:

Wren said...

Thank you! I was looking for this recipe I just didn't know it until I saw it.