Sunday, October 24, 2010

Spaghetti squash "pumpkin" shake

Well, I've finally given up trying to beat this neck, trapezius injury thing on my own. I'm seeing the physical therapist tomorrow. I'm dying to get back to writing children's books which I do for enjoyment.



I did publish my first book today on Amazon about my pet friends who I write about on this site. "Best Friends" features my dog Kona (AKA Sandy in the book), Shadow (a feral cat from awhile back), Pumpkin and Oreo. If you have a Kindle, take a look at http://www.amazon.com/Best-Friends-Sandy-her-ebook/dp/B0048ELBSO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&m=AG56TWVU5XWC2&s=books&qid=1287938114&sr=1-1
I'm continuing my love affair with spaghetti squash. I thought why not turn spaghetti squash into a pumpkin shake, smoothie. It actually tasted just like a pumpkin smoothie.

Spaghetti squash "pumpkin" shake

Ingredients:
  1. One 1/2 small spaghetti squash, baked until tender and chilled.
  2. 1/2 cup liquid, either Sleepytime Vanilla tea (strong brewed) or alternative milk beverage such as Tempt hemp milk (unsweetened) or a combo of both.
  3. Liquid stevia to taste (use the alcohol-free kind). I use SweetLeaf Clear.
  4. Pumpkin pie spice
  5. 1 tsp. guar -gum for thickening
  6. 2 cups crushed ice
Directions:
  1. Scoop out spaghetti squash.
  2. Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor.
  3. Blend at high speed until smooth and thick.
  4. Add a bit more liquid if needed. Consider adding some Tempt milk or other milk for added creaminess.
  5. Serve sprinkled with more pumpkin pie spice and a bit of SweetLeaf Stevia powder.

No comments: