Thursday, January 10, 2008

Menus for Day 2 of Rotation Diet

I discovered there are some foods I can eat on the rotation diet that I don't have to make from scratch. On Day 2, I really took advantage of them. I found some delicious gluten-free corn tortillas and brown rice tortillas from Food for Life and corn flakes from Nature's Path. I could eat these everyday but then it wouldn't be a rotation diet. Oreo scopes out some non-gluten-free lunch stuff for my husband.






Breakfast: Gluten-free corn flakes, apricots and rice milk
  • Nature's Path corn flakes (gluten-free)
  • 3 apricots

  • 1 cup rice milk

  • 1 tsp. each black sesame seed and poppy seeds

Lunch: Salmon wrap with greens and cabbage and lime tahini dressing


  • Food for Life brown rice tortilla

  • grilled wild salmon brushed with 1 tsp. avocado oil
  • sauteed mustard greens, water chestnuts, purple cabbage in avocado oil

  • 1 T. tahini dressing

Recipe for Tahini Dressing:

1/3 cup lime juice

1/2 cup tahini

1/2 tsp. salt

2 garlic cloves (It tastes great without. I can't use garlic on this rotation day.)

water or white wine vinegar (not allowed for me)

Blend all ingredients in a food processor until smooth. Add more liquid for desired consistency. Extras save well in refrigerator



Dinner: Ground turkey burger tacos with avocado dressing and shredded cabbage

  • Food for Life Sprouted Grain corn tortillas
  • turkey burger taco meat (no seasoning except salt)
  • diced avocado

  • shredded green and red cabbage

  • avocado dressing

Recipe for Avocado Dressing:

2 ripe avocados

juice of one lime

1 tsp. sea salt

2 T. white wine vinegar or water

1/3 cup avocado or corn oil

Blend all ingredients until smooth in a food processor. Add liquid for desired consistency.

No comments: